Our Programs & Presentations
Dolphyn offer a number of Programs and Presentations to support your organisational values and beliefs.
For many of our programs, we are privileged to be able to utilise tools and materials developed by Dr Robert Long from Human Dymensions.
This means that the programs have the full academic backing and credibility of Australia’s leading expert and author in Social Psychology of Risk, and delivered by our team of hands on and practical Consultants at Dolphyn.
The Dolphyn Community in Practice can support you and your team with a range of risk and safety leadership programs including:
We have a series of presentations that range from one to four hours. Some of the topics we can present include:
- One Brain Three Minds©;
- The Decision Tree©
- The Trade-Offs Model©
- What is Excess Regulation Doing to Us All?
- Tackling Mental Health at Work.
These can be presented at organisational planning days, conferences, team building sessions or tailored to suit other events.
- Social Sensemaking Workshop – in this practical and interactive presentation, we take participants through a number of the tools presented in the book including ‘One Brain Three Minds’©*, the ‘Trade-offs’ model© and the ‘Decision Tree’©.We also share some of the challenges of moving toward a more holistic understanding and application of risk in the workplace. This includes how we’ve dealt with our own cognitive dissonance after many years of practicing the traditional approach that was focused on control, rather than understanding and supporting people so that they may better discern risk for themselves. You can read more about this Workshop HERE.
- Risk and Safety Leadership Masterclass Programs – we have a range of ‘Masterclass’ programs that run from one to three days. While we regularly conduct these sessions as public programs, they can be tailored and run in house for your team. The Masterclass sessions are ideal for organisational risk, safety and related teams who want to learn more about social psychology and risk.
- Experiential Learning Programs – these programs can be run as either half or full day programs and target a particular area of leadership that you want to focus on (e.g. communicating better as a team or understanding teams and Type). They are designed to support participants to develop their understanding through specially developed learning experiences which are practical and interactive.
- Understanding Personality Type (Majors PTI / MBTI) and Risk – the team at Dolphyn are all accredited Majors PTI (MBTI) practitioners and we can help you understand how various Personality Types can impact on many areas of leadership including risk, teams and conflict. Building Personality Type into our risk and leadership programs is one of the significant points of difference between Dolpyn and other organisations offering similar services. We understand the importance of different Personality Types impact on risk and leadership and we can help you and your team to understand this also. If your organisation uses other tools to understand different personalities (e.g. DiSC), we are able to assist with this also.
- Tackling Mental Health – During this short and interactive Workshop, co-presented by Rob Sams and Gab Carlton, will provide participants with an introduction to the key principles of Mental Health First Aid (MHFA), a program that is facilitated by Lifeline Hunter Central Coast. MHFA is the help given to someone dealing with a mental health problem or crisis until appropriate professional treatment is received or until the crisis resolves. Participants will learn the signs and symptoms of these mental health problems, where and how to get help and what sort of help has been shown by research to be effective. Read more about this Program HERE.
If you are interested in learning more about any of our programs or services, call Rob Sams today on 0424 037 112 or e-mail at [email protected]